Microbit Inventors Add-on Kit
Out of stock
This kit is for children who already have a BBC Micro:bit but would like to know how to use it or find more activities to do with it. If you don’t have a Micro:bit, take a look at our ”Micro:bit Plus starter kit‘ which contains all you need to get started.
The Inventor’s add on kit contains a number of components that can be used with the Microbit. Children will be using the Microbit to make their own wire following game, compose their own tune and play it through a speaker, make games, create a compass and more. They will also be using a breadboard (not they type you cut bread on!) to test out electrical circuits and then creating code to mix red, green and blue light together in different quantities to create any colour they choose.
Every purchase of the inventor’s kit comes with a digital download copy of our book “Coding with the BBC Microbit” which contains 22 activities, all of which can be done with the original BBC Microbit and this inventors add-on kit.
The activities in this kit are designed for children aged 7+ but younger children may need a bit of adult help.
The kit contains
- Piezo speaker – this is a very small, fairly quiet speaker that is perfect for electrical projects and has the right connections for a breadboard. Please do not expect a loudspeaker that you will be able to use with your mp3 player!
- Conductive wire
- Blue tack
- 3 x 100 ohm resistors
- 1 x 170 hole breadboard (colours may vary)
- 1 x RGB colour changing LED
- 4 x jumper wires (male to male)
- 4 x alligator test leads (colours may vary)
- A link to a password protected page of the website with videos and written instructions for 22 activities to be done with the BBC Microbit.