Top 5 Free Things To Do With Kids In Bath
Holidays are coming and entertaining the kids can get expensive, an added bill that with Christmas just around the corner is something you could do without. Fear not! These top 5 free activities in Bath will keep kids entertained for nothing!
Free activities to do in Bath with kids: My top 5!
1) Feeding squirrels in Victoria park. I love doing this, and I’m 21! Kids and grown ups can get together in the beautiful surroundings of the botanical gardens of Victoria Park and throw nuts to our bushy tailed friends. Squirrels love nuts (the natural monkey nut kind, not ready salted!) and some of them are unbelievably tame. They come bounding over the grass as soon as they see you throw something. Watching a squirrel close up eating a nut between it’s little paws is just the cutest thing ever. (Is it obvious I spend wayyy too much time doing this?!)
2) Free audio tour. Go to //visitbath.co.uk/things-to-do/tours-and-sightseeing/mobile-app-and-audio-walking-tours and download an audio tour for free. There is a huge range to choose from and it’s a great informal way to get some history in to your kids day!
3) Bath Abbey. The Bath Abbey can’t be missed. In the center of Bath this beautiful and historic abbey is free to the public, though they do suggest a donation. Plus, right next to the Abbey are the world famous Roman Baths, where kids under 6 get in free.
4) Victoria Park play center. On the outskirts of Victoria park is a massive children’s play park. It caters for all ages and has lots of fun rides, from traditional slides and swings to climbing fences and massive spinning disks! Plenty of benches and tables so why not take a picnic and make a day of it.
5) Christmas Market! From today until the 14th of December come and experience the Christmassy delights of Bath’s very own Santa’s grotto. Perfect for the whole family, the magic of Bath is illuminated in thousands of twinkling fairy lights and miniature shops in wooden cabins. With so much to see and try you’ll find something that everyone can enjoy.